Amma and Afi Bjarnason finally arrived in Seattle after a canceled flight, 700+ extra miles, 6 hours later than scheduled, and no luggage (that spent the night in Detroit). Thankfully they made it safely! Auntie Brynja was a little more fortunate when it came flights. It was a fun visit...we had some nice dinners, went shopping downtown, and just hung out and watched Lilja be her adorable self. Sunday was her Baptism and I would say it was quite successful - no tears! I was sure she was about to lose it while he poured the water over her head - she had quite the scowl on her face - but she held it together! To celebrate, we had brunch at Salty's on Alki, which wasn't really fair to her since she can't eat any of the food!! Maybe we should have celebrated Lilja-style with pureed peas and breastmilk! With Baptism comes gifts - she is the only 8 month old that I know that has a Tiffany's charm bracelet, a Tiffany's cross necklace and her own child sized pink Bible! What a lucky little girl! Kris also learned a valuable lesson during the church service...never put gum in your pocket (chewed gum that is). :) End of story.
Sorry to report, you will have to wait for pictures of the baptism, as they aren't on our camera. Hang tight!
Kris and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Sunday too. WARNING: Going to get cheesy! It really has been the best year of my life. I am blessed with a wonderful caring husband, a beautiful happy healthy baby, and a goofy but lovable dog...who could ask for any more in one year?
We learned what sort of incentive it takes to get Lilja to crawl...Bailey's Irish Cream. Should I be worried??? Here are some other pictures to enjoy.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment