Monday, January 14, 2008

Can she seriously be 8 months already???

Two more days and our precious little bundle of joy will be 8 months. Four months until the big first birthday. It certainly does not seem like it's been 8 months. I can remember bringing her home like it was yesterday and all those worries that come with a newborn (if they will poop or not, breastfeeding, etc.). Now, our worries are growing at an exponential rate (crawling, walking, falling!) She's got the poop thing covered...no more worries there (thanks to eating some solid foods). We had what could have been a world record mess the other day...the type where you just put her in the tub, clothing, diaper, et al. Hose her down. I'm sure I don't need to go any further with that one. Worrying is just part of being parents I guess. Sorry Mom and Dad!

This weekend Lilja will be baptized. Amma and Afi Bjarnason and Auntie Brynja are coming to town on Thursday to help us celebrate this event. We are looking forward to their visit! So far Lilja has enjoyed going to church (the singing lulls her to sleep), so I am hoping the ceremony will be a piece of cake for her. She does love the bathtub.

Now for the good stuff...the pictures.


Very fashionable in her pink hat and scarf


Playing with her new favorite toy...it has tags everywhere!


Being cute and sassy


Using Rollie as a stationary object to pull herself up!

Rollie: "A little higher and to the right...and scratch harder."


1 comment:

KK said...

Auntie KK wishes she could be there for the baptism, sorry Lilja!