Monday, January 7, 2008

We're in for it now...

Lilja is almost crawling. She gets on all 4's and does the rock back and forth thing...and sometimes will actually end up scooting backwards. Now all she has to do is figure out how to put it in first gear instead of reverse. I've been waiting for this day...and now I'm realizing life in our household is about to make a 180!

MOBILE:
Pronunciation: \ˈmō-bəl, -ˌbī-əl also -ˌbēl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English mobyll, from Anglo-French moble, from Latin mobilis, from movēre to move
Definition: capable of moving or being moved: movable
Sarah's Definition: TROUBLE!!!!

I think I liked it when she was content just laying on her mat enamored with her fingers and toes. I can't just leave the room "for 2 seconds" anymore! As it is now, she rolls from one end of the room to the other, but at least she stays in one room. Crawling...well that just opens up a whole new territory to her. I'm almost in a panic just writing this...please pray for us!

Currently:
  • Loves prunes, pears, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, will tolerate avocado
  • Fitting into her 3 to 6 month clothing well (at least we are getting some good use out of them)
  • Says "dah" but not twice in a row...so much for "mama" first
  • Puts her arms out to be picked up
  • Doesn't like being put down - would rather be held so she can rip your ear or lip off...and what she can do to your hair (ouch)
  • Approximately 16.5 pounds...and I haven't checked her length lately...but we all know she's on the "petite" side
  • Can pull herself to a standing position using you as support
  • Still toothless
  • Rolled out of the office into the hall (so much for staying in one room) as I'm typing this
OK...got her back, but better run. Before I do...here are some recent pics.


Mommy whispering sweet nothings in my ear


Mommy's new saddle...isn't it pretty???



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally a saddle with stirups. have you ever seen a saddle without stirups? will i did last week. HMMMM. POPS

Jessi said...

wow! Lachlan hasn't figured out that rolling will move him places and I am okay with that. We just hope he will walk by the time he is 2! (-:

Anonymous said...

I THINK lILJA IS THE CUTEST BABY! EIGHT MONTHS HAVE GONE BY FAST AND YOU'RE RIGHT, THERE IS NO STOPPING HER NOW..THINK OF IT AS AEROBIC EXERCISE! LOVE TO YOU ALL, cc