Sunday, March 16, 2008

The BIG ONE-ZERO!

Happy 10-month birthday today to Lilja. Despite her size, she's on track (and then some) with all of her milestones (which I really shouldn't care about, since all babies differ...but it's nice to know she's developing within "the guidelines"). She is one happy little baby, unless you interfere with her nap time. I try not to do that often (although church does fall into that category). We had to change church services since she was becoming a little too verbal for our comfort - they didn't have childcare available for the 8:00 AM service (although with all the white-haired "folks" at that time, I'm not sure they ever heard her).

She's learned to give some real wet sloppy kisses. Sort of what you get from Rollie or Kona. We're working on waving bye-bye and she knows several of the signs (sign language) that I've been teaching her. Her other interests include food, food and food! Unlike another Bjarnason in this household, she actually LOVES vegetables....spinach, broccoli, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, pretty much anything you give her now she'll eat. We had some yummy new fruits this week too...kiwi, pineapple, mango.

Helping mommy make dinner the other night. (There is that pacifier she found in her toy box.)


"I'll get the lid for you!"

Daddy took this one after we came home from a walk - we had a milk incident and therefore needed some new dry clothes on.


Elmer Fudd's sister in her younger years.

Helping Kris pack (she was actually unpacking) for a business trip.


"Did you need these underwear Daddy? "

Checking her adorable self out in the mirror.


"wow, you look so much like me..."



"Mommy, can we keep her? She wears my size too! I will share my room with her....please????"

Oh and how could I forget...Lilja met her first baby lamb in person. Some friends of ours became surrogate parents to little Rocko. He is a black-bellied Barbados.


"Can I keep him too???"

No comments: