For those of you who DON'T know who "neigh neigh" is...ta da...this is the fierce, fabulous and semi-flawless neigh neigh. He's one of 3 (in case we ever lost one...) and she knows the difference between all of them. I personally can only tell one because his little neck scarf comes undone. The initial one was given to us when Lilja was still a newborn by Aunt Bodie. Who knew this 12x12 little piece of fleece would become an extension of her? Kris initially thought he was a flying squirrel...and I said, who would sell flying squirrel blankets for children??? Duh Kris, it's a horse! Our plan was to keep the others hidden and replace as necessary, but one day when she was snooping around in some drawers in her closet, she found the other two and I tell you that kid was in heaven. 2 more neigh neighs she cried!! So now they all sleep with her, but only the chosen one is allowed to accompany us throughout the day. On the occasions that she knows I wash him, she stands in the laundry room with tears streaming down her cheeks calling out for neigh neigh. I explain he's dirty and we need to make sure he is clean. She could care less if he was carrying around the plaque (and trust me, he gets filthy!)...I'm the mean mommy who has locked her poor little neigh neigh away in a dark wet washing machine! The reunion after the dryer cycle has ended is like 2 lost loved ones. You would think he'd been gone for years.Some of my favorite things I have heard her say to him lately:
"Naughty boy neigh neigh!" "He was in the garbage" (something he's probably learned from Rollie)
"Not tickle me neigh neigh!"
"Mommy...neigh neigh is pooping on you!"
And there are many more little conversations between the 2 of them that I wish I would remember and I wish I knew what he was saying back! We are thankful for that little blankie for all he does for her! We'd be in deep you know what if we ever lost any of them now!!
1 comment:
Just like my Pet...which may have been a flying squirrel?!
Post a Comment