Tuesday, April 22, 2008

11 months and counting

Well, we are nearing another first...the big first of "firsts"...Lilja's first birthday. Just a few weeks away. As I have said before, I don't know where the time has gone. This first year has flown by...I get all sentimental thinking about bringing her home that first day, and all of the joys that we have experienced from then to now. Our once little 6 lb baby is almost 19 lbs. She chatters, chatters, chatters (where did she get that from??), she can down about 5 oz of milk in 5 seconds from a cup, and she thinks she can feed herself with utensils. Right now she mimics almost everything you do. She tries to say "thank you", "doggie", and "uh oh" (this is when the dog comes running in thinking food has been dropped) - I'm still waiting for "mama". She is using her sign language skills on occasion, but this is a work in progress.



Sportin the sippy cup!



Yes, that is Rollie's head cleaning up the mess she's made. Who needs a vacuum?

We bought a new car seat yesterday, and guess who loved the box. Note to self, for her birthday all she needs are some boxes! She is in a phase where all she wants to play with is the remote control or one of our cell phones. We've tried to give her one of the non-functional remotes or my old cell phone, but the stinker doesn't want those! I'm so glad we have baskets full of educational toys for her, but shows no interest in them!


Thinking inside the box!



How many more can fit in the box??

Oh and how could I forget...we had a near disaster yesterday! Lilja, Rollie and I took a walk and on the way home, little miss LJ decided to "chuck" her horsey blanket out of the BOB. I usually being a keen observer of such behavior missed it. So we get home and I'm unloading her and I don't see horsey. MAJOR PANIC. So, I hand off baby and dog to dad, jump in the truck and start the search for HORSEY! And thankfully, upon retracing our tracks, there laid horsey on the side of the road. Tragedy diverted!

Our big girl!


1 comment:

Jessi said...

Lachlan is the same with phones, remotes and boxes! Who needs toys!