Looks like February didn't allow much time for me and this blog! Most likely due to Lilja's new non-napping schedule. Not really conducive to much computer time for me. I was hesitant to follow her new routine, but realized no nap and in bed by 7:30 or 8 is better than a nap and going to bed at 9 or 10! Although some days when all the planets align, she will nap and go to bed before 9. I stress the words "some days". Sleep or no sleep, she's a ball of fire, goofy, cuddly and absolutely the best baby (actually I can't really call her a baby anymore...sigh...) ever (besides the napping thing). It's mind boggling that she is soon to be TWO! The terrible twos...which I've heard aren't really that terrible (terrible is saved years three & four). I'm sure she'll be an angel all of her life!!
Right now her favorite book and song is "The Wheels on the Bus". She loves seeing buses! We have allowed her to watch a nursey rhyme show (I'm as shocked as you...I wasn't going to allow her to watch TV until she was like...16). Anyways...the show has little children singing songs, and one happens to be the Wheels on the Bus and they do all the hand motions for the different parts of the song. So whenever we see a bus on the road or someone says the word bus, she'll hum the song & do the motions. She is also very helpful when it comes to cleaning. I finally bought her a child sized broom, so she'll sweep along side me. She loves to clean and hates when something is out of place or on the floor that isn't supposed to be there. I'm sure this is due to change in those teen years. Oh...and give her a tub of soapy water and a few dishes, and she'll be busy for hours!
Well that about sums it up for now. I need to get outside to run before lunchtime! I've been training for a marathon (4/11), so Lilja and Rollie have had to be troopers with all the time we spend outside on the run. Lilja likes it if we end up a the park otherwise she may protest. Rollie is good to go as long as it isn't raining, which around here the chances are slim. His grandma Woodworth was nice enough to make him a coat for Christmas (and it happens to be waterproof) so he can't really complain!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So glad I don't have the only toddler who doesn't nap! so frustrating but the early bedtime and sleeping through the night is worth it! I would love to get together, maybe some tuesday or friday? way to go on the marathon! that is awesome!
Post a Comment