Monday, November 24, 2008

Much to be thankful for!

Since thanksgiving is this week, I think it is appropriate to give thanks for what we and I personally have been blessed with.

I am thankful for...
  • my loving husband who has proven himself to be an amazing father!
  • my little Lilja. I hope I can be the kind of mother she needs!
  • my parents who are always giving of their time and knowledge, and have been wonderful grandparents.
  • my in-laws (and my sister-in-law). Even though we don't see them as often as we would like, they too have been so generous to us and have been loving grandparents (and auntie) to LJ.
  • my faith. My higher power has given me all that I am thankful for! I feel blessed.
  • my sister. I don't see her nearly enough, but she's a best friend, and someone to look up to.
  • all my pets (my 2 dogs, Rollie and Max, and my horse, Riki). Animals make life a little better on the days you don't feel so great. They love you unconditionally and don't care if you haven't showered in a couple days or are having a bad hair day.
  • my friends. They make me laugh, cry, and everything in between!
So, now that I've gotten the "mushy" part over, I can update you on Lilja! We had our 18 mo. appt last week. Clean bill of health. Finally we got out of the one-digit percentiles! She is in the 25th percentile for her height. Yes folks...I kid you not. Looks like we may have a supermodel on our hands! As for weight, she is in the 8th percentile. So tall and skinny...just like...uuuhhh...well, no on in this household that I can think of. Maybe she'll start a new trend. She is very much into being fashionable. She loves to dress herself up in a sweater, a hat and carry a bag around. Sometimes we can't do anything without a hat on. From the minute she wakes up, she'll say "uh-oh" and pat her head (that's her way of saying hat) til it's time for bed, she'll have had at least 4-5 different hats on for the day. She's quite the character and totally a mimic. I must do a lot of cleaning in front of her, as she loves to get a baby wipe and copy me. The other day she was scrubbing the walls with it and then she decided that "horsey" (her blanket) was dirty, so she gave him a good wipe too. Never too young to learn to be tidy!


She loves the swings at the park!


The new sweater/hat combo that Grandma W. made. She's outside sweeping the porch.


Here she decided she could move her chair so she could climb up and reach the cheese & crackers I was preparing for her snack. Clearly, I was taking too long!


Yet another hat. My new helmet arrived and she had to be the first one to try it on.


Cutie pie at the park...watching the other kids play.

We wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to post pics of Lilja carving the turkey!


No comments: