Sunday, December 2, 2007

More Firsts

We have had many "firsts" this week. Lilja (Rollie and Kona) had their first taste of snow, Grandpa Woodworth was even able to make a snowman (in which Rollie ate the nose after this picture).




Kona and Rollie playin in the snow

We went out tree shopping yesterday and purchased a beautiful noble fir for the "kids" first Christmas. Kris and Grandpa W. worked diligently on getting the lights up first thing. Here Lilja inspects to make sure that the lights are hung properly.




After we got the tree up it was time for a meal of pureed carrots - yum yum! Apparently she couldn't get enough of those carrots...says a lot about my cooking!!! Let's hope she continues to be an adventurous and healthy eater (just like her dad).


Yes that is her tongue...and yes, she is licking the tray!



Her newest "thing" is making bird like noises. Something like...awk awk. Oh the noises they can make and the volume at which they are made...I'm sure it only gets better and louder.



2 comments:

Grandma said...

The reason that Lilja was licking the tray was because I, Grandma, dropped a few drops of carrot and she didn't want to waste. I think she was telling me that if the food doesn't come to her she could go to the food. Smart little one she is. She had all of us lol. Looks like manners will have to be introduced soon. Grandma W

Jessi said...

So glad to hear Lachlan is not the only squawker! I love that she licked the tray, I think that is very good sign. we have only attempted twice with Lachlan. he is still spitting things out, so no rush. Lilja is so very cute!